Sunday 11 January 2009

I just made Raspberry Jelly...

You know youre a professional poker player when; You've had two nights this week in which you havn't slept, you're stuck 4 figures, you've t30'd 3 mtts in a night and only broken even and you're completely happy with your play and looking to the future.

Although, that may all be down to the fact that i've just made Raspberry Jelly.

Sorry it's been a while since I blogged last, I'd love to say it's been a bit hectic but it really hasn't. I've played live PLO at the International 2 nights this week and despite losing some important flips and getting my money in bad a few times, I was happy with my all around performance. It just so happened that the game was so ultra swingy, that short term variance did not smile on me those two sessions.

Tonight I went deep in the $8 w/rebuys (13th for $200ish), the $109 (30something for $300ish) and 20th in the 20 cubed for 270ish. While these results are very annoying when they come all at once, I was happy with my play in all 3, especialy my shorthanded play.

The 8 rebuy key hand was when I 4 bet shoved a 25bb stack with KQo 6 handed and got snapped by aces for the chip lead. It's very easy to look at my play as a big blowup, but my hand play well against his 3bet range and it's a big leak to be laying hands as big as KQ down every time we're 3bet when we have fold equity.

The 20 cubed was a fairly standard 3bet shoving 22 for 23bb and getting called by QQ. We were 7 handed and by virtue of the fact that my opponent thought for a good 10 seconds (not multitabling)before making the most standard call in the world makes me feel really happy about the shove. I guess we was only calling JJ+/AK, which is an obviously profitable shove.

So i'm looking forward to tomorrow and all it shall bring, might play the mill/warm if I fancy it, but otherwise i'll be expecting to play the standard comps and hopefully take something down.

lots of love

Oh and as a fun sidenote, I just played HUNL against a guy who started open shoving 45bbs (then +1 for each hand he won) every hand. Luckily I only had to wait 5 hands till I got aces. GG wp


xxxxx

No comments: