Tuesday 27 January 2009

Tough week

I think i'm starting something of a downswing; after losing £1500 at the international in a particularly bloody PLO game, i've been firing blanks online in the last 3 days, I think im losing another $700 in MTTs. Obviously i've not actually lost a great deal of money but its very damaging to my ego and competative nature. As most of you know, I play extremely high variance poker and its just getting so hard to continue to play this way when its going against me; i.e. 3 bet shove light deep in tournaments when i'm getting called light. Obviously its crazily results oriented and I shouldn't be thinking things like this, but its hard not to let recent results dictate your life.

I was deep in both the $8 w/rebuys and $44/6Max today coming like 81st and 24th respectively, losing big flips in both for really decent stacks. No point in me posting the hand histories as it was just losing 88 to AK and then AK to QQ in each. I suppose the killer in the last few days is that ive been finishing outside 1st/2nd when ive gone deep in the 12/180s, which (considering the payout) really sucks.

Anyway, slight rang over. I know i'm awesome and everyone else knows it too!

I'll probably play tomorrow because i'll be taking the 3 days after that off from online poker. I'm gunna go see Nikki on friday in Peterborough then i'm going to play the £300 Freezeout at the international on sat/sun and round it all off by watching the superbowl (probably at the international)with my brother, Ed and maybe Mike (and anyone else who might be in london and wants to join us).

Thanks for reading again guys, i'll try and throw up some more interesting hand histories next time.

xx

No comments: