Wednesday 11 March 2009

Lots going on in the live world of poker

Sorry I haven't blogged in a week or so. I meant to do a Paris trip report but the festival at the international kinda dragged on and little things have kept coming up, so i'll do a shortened version now.

Basically, I ran horribly at mtts in the last 10 days, blanking 3 500euro events, 2 250euro events, the £150, £200 PLO and finally going deep in the £500 before essentially bubbling it. Luckily for me, my inability to run bad at either cash holdem or pot limit omaha means i'm actually winning for the period (which is pretty impressive when you consider i decided not to take a shot at 5/10 PLO in Paris so i've not played any bigger than 5/5.

Away from poker Paris was a lot of fun; and I feel it was important for me to take a week or so away from London just to try and get my head around my current MTT downswing. Obviously it didn't work too well, and I literally do not know what I'd do if I wasn't on a 2000bb 1/2 PLO upswing in 2009. It's mainly because of that that I feel so good about poker at the moment, and I'm probably going to continue playing some live mtts over the next few weeks; theres a festival at the empire this week then its GUKPT london straight after.

So yeah, i'll probably hit up the empire tomorrow/thursday (I can't make the main event because im seeing an old friend again), spew off a bunch online on Sunday trying to get out of makeup then relax and wait for the vic.

As always, thanks for all the comments and support, I love you all.

No comments: