Tuesday 23 February 2010

Time to get my grind on

Short blog post coming up. I've decided that Feb was a complete shambles on my part in terms of volume. I'm at 3300 VPP with little hope of getting to 7500 before the end of the month. So I've decided on a decent punishment/motivational challenge that certainly fits the crime. I've withdrawn all but $200 from my stars account and I'm going to try and Boku it up to $10k. I'm not planning on doing this as a prop bet (although if anyone wants to put any money on this then I'd be glad to take up to $5k's worth of action). If I manage to keep myself busy and determined I should be at 10k about a month from tomorrow 24th March.

The kicker for me is that aside from the 4 live tournaments at the London Poker masters which I've already committed myself to, I shan't be playing any other form of poker until this is completed. If I do, I'm going to instantly ship $1k to charity.

Here's a screenshot of my cashier now with the bankroll guidelines I've set myself. I'm going to be starting tomorrow so good luck me.

4 comments:

Donkadocus said...

My friend's charity if you make it :)

They have no paid employee's, 100% goes directly to building the school

http://hicep.org.uk/

Anonymous said...

Joe, is 200 buyins the norm for you or are you being extra conservative for any reason?

joejoe1337 said...

200 buyins is about right for Turbo 45 mans Pud, I'm also going to be using 300bi roll for 180 mans.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, if I go back to them I'll probably use a similar roll. I played some $6.50's on a $400 roll and I never felt comfortable at all, which is partly why I sucked balls at them!