Tuesday 4 January 2011

A December to remember

I would imagine that it's now beyond the stage in which I need to apologise for being the worlds worst blogger (I am sorry though!). I feel very embarrassed that so many of you take the time to read it and give me feedback and I can't manage to put out more than one every 2 months.

In essence, everything and not a lot has happened since I last blogged. I managed to get my application off and currently have received two responses; a yes from Hull and a no from Belfast. The other three universities I applied to are Sussex, Kent and Reading, studying Philosophy and Politics at all of them.

I also decided that I was going to grind my little behind off to try and earn some money for university, as opposed to just wasting it away like I do on a regular basis. Obviously that hasn't worked out and am currently on a $15k downswing since the second week off November. Ah well, plenty of time until September I suppose! The good news is that I managed to put in enough volume in November to retain Supernova VIP status on pokerstars, and with it will make a lot of solid bonuses some time in early 2011 ($4k bonus, I'm looking at you).

I pretty much decided to take almost all of December off, mostly to get my party hat on and feel a lot fresher for it. My birthday (long) weekend was amazing. On the 18th I went with a group of friends to see Deadmau5 at Earl's court followed by a drum and bass night, after which I returned home the next morning in the snow at 10am. It was my birthday two days after and I went for a lovely family meal to my favourite resteraunt Matsuri and a few days after that I made my way up to Cambridge to see my lovely friends and get outrageously drunk drinking chilli vodka. Add that to the mandatory other going out nights around Christmas and new year and you have one happy joejoe.

I suppose now is the time to look forward to 2011. I hope when I look back on it at this time next year that I can say that I used the next 6 months well and am now settled in a lovely Pol&Phil course somewhere. As long as those two things happen I don't think I need to worry about resolutions, although my fat, out of shape ass could definitely stand to lose a few pounds.

Thank you all for reading my lovelies xoxo

No comments: