Friday 14 November 2008

Gutting

Just busted out of the stars $55 Daily 80k Guaranteed 18th, im obviously very disappointed. Was 4th in chips but then ran KK into AA with 22 players remaining crippling me, thats poker I guess?

Also just busted the $3+r rebuys about 40th in sickly fashion, some guy with 15bbs limp/called with Q6s, outdrawing my AXs to cripple me. Im not writing this to complain about my misfortune because I know everyone hates to hear bad beat stories, but I think its an accurate indicator to how devastated I feel right now, winning only $300 or so tonight when it should have been a $3k+ night. I also went deep in the $22 at 5PM and busted about 60th. The good news is that im feeling more and more upbeat about the way im playing, and I know the 5 fig score is coming soon.

Only hand of note was in the first hour of the stars $20Cubed, note its still in the rebuy period and therefore keeping a stack and remaining in the tournament to take the massively +EV addon.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3445320

Do you guys raise the river here for value/play any other street differently? In retrospect I should probably have bet more on the turn, but other than that im fairly happy with the way I played the hand.

I think im going to try and put in some volume in on Saturday as well as Sunday this week, I just feel like I should really be putting the hours in and i'll be rewarded for my good play and good volume.

Anyway, aside from poker it's been abit of a hectic week; had 3 different essays in for this week, hence the lack of poker nights. All 3 essays are done and dusted now, feel abit nervous about getting them back as I don't think I quite did my absolute best, but luckily it's only first year and I need but a pass for next year. Ive got 3 more essays in for the first week of December, and i'm definitely not going to leave them as late this time (not that it was my fault I left them late this time). I'm gunna get cracking on one this weekend/week and try and average out one per week till Christmas.

That should just about do it, thanks for reading as always. BIG UP THE KENT HOUSE MASSIVE
xx

No comments: