Thursday 6 November 2008

New blog ahoy/tough live weekend

Hey kids, joejoe signing in with the new blog for poker and general life things. Thought i'd be a pretty decent way to self assess as well as keeping all my friends updated with whats happening.

Just got back from Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham from a weekend of extremely grueling live poker. As most of you know I really really hate having to single table and play about 11 hands an hour whilst simultaneously being abused, bored and condescended to by your standard idiotic, arrogant and foul smelling atypical live poker player. There were a few instances of this over the weekend, firstly in the £330 freezeout after I ran a bluff and got called, the small blind from the hand (who had folded preflop) decided that he wanted the dealer to expose my cards to the table. At first I looked at him in a "wtf?! are you smoking something?" kinda way, and asked if he was serious. Apparently he was and does infact not care about etiquette or the fact he is basically insinuating that i'm a cheat.

Another incident was in the £1/2 deep NL/PLO cashgame after the tournament, I repeatedly got into hands with what I can only assume was a drunk biggot, who repeatedly asked me if I am gay in a very aggressive manner, after the first time he asked me, I asked him if he was coming onto me...lol. It all kind of blew up in a PLO hand, in which I potted from the SB with AA34ddcc for £26 through several limpers, and he was the only caller from MP. The board came KdQc9s and before I could bet he moved in for roughly 3/4 of the pot, i dwelt up and eventually called (which is a terrible, money burning call by me, by the way) and he had some shit like KQ62 or something, which i proceeded to suck out catching running fives on the turn or some such. After the hand, for the first time that night I honestly felt like I could have been in some kind of danger, so Ed and swiftly made our exit.

While those 2 incidents were abit ridiculous, the weekend of live poker was dull as expected but the standard was so very very poor, I fear it shan't be my last voyage to Nottingham for poker purposes. Aside from the actual poker, Ed and I had a great weekend chillin' like villains, we created a new game named; 'what would you do to sleep with vicky coren', to which i think we're both a bit disgusted.

In other news im completely snowed under with essays at the moment, got 2 1500 word bad boys due in a noon on monday, which may interfere with my standard sunday night poker tournaments (the only night in which I really get to put any volume in), but hopefully it'll all be done and dusted by then.

Oh, and i'm gunna need your virtual sweats in the dodgeball tournament that me and a few housemates have entered in on Saturday, i recently joined the dodgeball club at college at im having such a fun time playing it, should be pretty gangsta imo

Anyway, first rant/ramblings over i'll write something of substance in a few days

2 comments:

kecheng said...

Move up to where they respect your sexuality.

Unknown said...

Good good good......