Friday 7 November 2008

Put in some volume tonight

Did it turn out well? No it did not.

What started off at the weekend of a little bit of running bad has started to turn into abit of a downswing which isn't nice for anyone involved. Tonight I played (on stars); both $55s, the $20 Cubed, Both $11 10 min levels, $3+r, $11+r, $5.50, $11 PLO and the early evening $109. Made t100 of the later $55 and the $11 at 8:15, but both had disappointing finishes.

There are a few hands from the $109 that I wanna talk about, both early on.
Firstly;
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3414297
Looking back on it, it looks like a pretty easy fold, at the time I remember agonizing over it. I dunno how my line is. I'm pretty happy with the preflop raise, and the check on the flop, I didn't really think I could possibly be ahead and I guess I wasn't. Maybe another nice MTTer could give me a line check cause it's always nice to et some feedback.

Secondly;
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3414748
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get away from this one, if i'm honest because i'd lost the AK hand a few earlier, and wasn't in the mood to lay down QQ preflop for a half stack. I dunno what else this guy really ever 4bet shoves with at 15/30 though. Abit spewy yucky yuck yuck

Most of the other tournaments were pretty standard, I ran shit into AA/KK so many times I was unlikely to go deep in too much. I'm fairly happy with the way I played, except this hand;
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3414832

I can honestly say that i'm embarrassed that I stacked off in this spot, I literally have no idea what I was thinking and i'm quite clearly nearly never good here, I just somehow managed to convince myself that he'd be shoving AQ since I checked the flop, so so stupid young Joejoe.

I guess to make matters worse I busto'd my online account because I took all bar 1k out because of the favorable stars exchange rate, my roll isn't hurt too bad, but its pretty demoralizing to keep on having to reload when I wanna put in a set of tournaments.

So yeah, this weekend will have to be different. I've got a 1500 word critical analysis to do on 'the effects of the north Atlantic slave trade on British industrialization' in for monday, but if I get that done hopefully I can get 2 nights of volume in (including sunday).

Other than that, going to the gym tomorrow which is good because I feel like such a fatass at the moment. Got the dodgeball tournament on saturday which will be fun im sure (would just be good to get a nice score first =D )

Thanks for listening to yet ANOTHER ramble, I feel I should tell a funny or something, urm I'm gunna win the mill on sunday. HORAY

No comments: