Monday 10 November 2008

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Hey kids, hows it hanging, i'm in a surprisingly good mood right now considering I just busted out of my last tournament of the night. Just got a nice email from mummy who very nicely just emailed me a proof read version of the essay that I finished last night, I'm just about to touch up the essay before I hand it in tomorrow. Other than that just had a nice chat with Kate for the first time in a month or so which was nice, catching up and all.

The dodgeball tournament was yesterday which was pretty cool, we qualified from our group joint top but then lost in the semi finals which was very disappointing as I didn't feel I played very well. On the flip side I was really impressed with how well every member of the team played. Without sugar coating it, I wasn't expecting much at all and everyone showed me that they have a lot of heart and a lot of game, so well done guys.

As for poker, like I said; there was unfortunately no 4/5 figure score today which is obviously very disappointing. I played in 15 MTTs, including the Mill, both $55s and the early $22 freeze. I went deep in the $22, busting out about 42nd, the hand that crippled me was of note, I actually didn't save it at the time as I was 9tabling and had a few hands going on but the gist of it was;
Active CO 2.5x
I pop with A3o from the BB for 17bb effective
He snaps with KK.

A lot of people don't like the resteals with weak aces, but I think in this situation it was correct. I feel that 17bb effective is just about the perfect restealing stack, so i'm liking doing it with a wide range of hands, and the fact that i've got any ace whatsoever gives me at least 25% equity when im called by any hand (bar AA). So yeah, despite not winning that im fairly happy with the resteal, just a shame I ran into a monster.

I also made the final 3 tables of the $11 PLO, can't really say much about that, zig-zagged up and down before eventually busting with aces on a dry board having put 1/3 of my stack in preflop. Can't really complain too much.

Overall, I think i'm pretty much exactly breaking even for the day, I bubbled in 3 tournaments (including the mill), so it could have been abit nicer, but I feel nice and upbeat about the way I played and hopefully i'll be able to put some volume in one night this week as well as the weekend.

Cheers guys, may you be on the right end of variance

Edit: How did I not mention the november 9 who i'm currently staying up to rail. 1 TIME DEMIDOV! I put small bets on both CraigMarq and Ivan, hopefully he can take this bad boy down one time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my joejoe :(