Sunday 7 December 2008

Standing alone tonight....

Sorry for the morbid title kids, just chillaxing to abit of Above & Beyond. Just got back from the GMS Christmas ball at college. Had a great time; was a good laugh and I got a little bit drunk... HORAY

Been a very weird week in poker terms, started well at the Empire and PLO200/400 on Cake. Then I went to Dusk Till Dawn on Thurs to meet Ed who was playing in the £1k Freezeout there and somehow got talked into playing; underolled shots are apparently what life is all about.

The tournament was amazingly fun, it has the best structure of any i've ever played (mirroring the Main Event structure; 20k Chips, 120 minute levels), I had a really weak table with 2 absolute fishes on my left and lots of medium/strong players including John Kalmar. The tournament itself was quite hard to gain any steam, unable to win 2 big pots in a row and having between 15/10k for most of the time, until I lost 2 big pots about 6 hours in;

First was in a nutshell, I open for 2.6x in the CO pre antes and the BTN repops for about 23bbs total. This was obviously one of the absolute fishes, which made it much harder for me to stack off 23bbs, my eventual thought after a few minutes was that its probably a huge leak to ever open/pass AQ for 23 bbs so I called and got shown AK. Superb.

Second was a bvb hand, my sb opened 3x w/antes and i repopped for 22bbs with K7o. I simply thought he was opening widely enough for my shove to show profit, Ive since stoved it and it was much more marginal than I thought; leaning me more towards a fold because of the very smooth structure of the tournaments and chances to pick better spots. He sighed and called with AA...bastard.

So im feeling very broke at the moment after taking my underolled shot so I guess it means much more grinding and hopefully a nice 5 figure score will come soon.

1 comment:

kecheng said...

I hope you enjoy eating swongs for breakfast.